A home which is entirely (and adequately) insulated is the best way of improving comfort, temperature moderation (both heat and cooling) and energy efficiency. When it comes to building a home, fresh insulation must be installed during the construction. For older homes, many of them today are still without insulation.
When it comes to installation, there are several locations where we recommend insulation is to be laid, including:
- In between internal walls such as between rooms
- In between external walls such as the home and garage
- Between the storeys within a multi-story household
- Under the floors of a household
- Insulation can also be installed around plumbing infrastructure and pipes
Further, areas in which both newly built homes and existing homes, frequently include insulation are:
- In the ceiling of a property
- Within the roof of a house
- Within the underfloor components and floorboards
When considering insulating your household, we also encourage people to think about acoustic insulation. In addition to helping with heat moderation that brings benefits in the summer and winter, acoustic insulation is placed inside of wall cavities and reduce noise transfer between empty spaces.
For Perth-based households who are interested in getting fresh new insulation, we recommend contacting the Mr Insulation team. With decades of experience in the industry, Mr Insulation are known for their high-quality service that spans an array of services. Further, Mr Insulation only uses high-quality and environmentally-friendly insulation products from leading suppliers like Bradford, Kingspan and Knauf.